Our firewood farm's sustainability
Joburg firewood only fell invasive species of trees making our firewood farm a sustainable source of firewood. Some of the invasive species we fell include: Blue Gum, Blackwattle and Sekelbos. These tree species grow wild in abundance in South Africa and are hardwoods, which tend to burn remarkably in open and closed fireplaces.
The process of farming firewood
We are experts at sourcing firewood in a sustainable way as to ensure a steady supply of firewood from our farms to our customers.
- Source - We source wood from various firewood farms throughout Gauteng.
- Cut - We cut the wood on-site ensuring easy delivery to our depot.
- Transport - We deliver the wood from farms to our depot.
- Dry - We dry the firewood for 6 - 8 months ensuring the firewood is dry and ready for use.
- Package - Once we are confident the wood is dry we package it, this packaged firewood weighs approximately 8kg.
- Deliver - Once you order firewood from us we deliver it to you directly to your door in Johannesburg and surrounding suburbs.
So now that you know a little more about what goes on at our firewood farm don't forget to order a load of firewood. Call us on 081 390 3814 to order dry firewood from our farm or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.